Monday, November 24, 2008

Should I or Shouldn't I?

Continue with Daily Art in 2009? Can't decide. Over the summer I had pretty much made up my mind that2008 was my last year fooling with it, but now I am waffling. This year's project has been a stinker. What in the world was I thinking? Here are my two latest.

IF IF IF I decide to do another year-long project, it WILL be book-based. Whatever I do in 2009, I'm getting back to books. I want to become a one trick pony...but a really pretty one that does one perfectly executed, amazing trick. I am sure that books are my True Art Thing, but I got a little talked out of them. I have compromised here and there. Now, when I read OPB and look at the books they are making, it kills me. I should be making books, too. I have new book all sketched out. I was planning on making one Saturday, but I had throbbing headache and the girls had basketball about 2hrs away and Courtney needed to go shopping for some dress-up clothes, so the book got back-burnered. Maybe tomorrow evening...?

In the bad news department - the only place to buy any fabric in Bedford is the Dreaded Supercenter and THEY ARE CLOSING THE FABRIC DEPARTMENT AS OF JANUARY 18. To buy fabric after that, I will have to go south of the river or cross county lines. Good grief.

Put this on your I-pod - "Cath" by Death Cab for Cutie. Slick, slick, slick bass line.

I have a new hobby: checking amazon to see where we rank in our category. In addition to Mixed Media, we seem to be doing well in Decorating.

And I leave you with something read on a sign outside a furniture in Seymour, Indiana-

Corduroy pillows: They're making headlines.

No comments: