Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Happy Anny, ma -n- pa



Today is my mom and dad's 42nd anniversary. They got married in 1964, just after they graduated from high school. My dad had just turned 18 and my mom was 17 (October birthday). No, they are not cousins; they just got married young. I wasn't born until until three years later.

Update on the Cloth Paper Scissors thing I told you about - I will have work published in the issue that comes out July 5. I actually talked to the editor, Patricia Bolton,last Wednesday. She was super nice and asked to see some pics of my other work. I started Thursday morning trying to put together an up-to-date portfolio. I wound up making a little book with lots of photos ow my work over the last four years. It was so cute, even if I do say so myself. I didn't have to buy anything to make it. That's the thing about making lots of stuff - you get pretty fluent in you own design vocabulary so when you buy paper on sale at hobby lobby, you just are able to pick out the stuff you know you will use and then when you sit down to make something, you have everything already.

One of my goals for 2006 was to get published in a magazine.

No comments: