Thursday, February 16, 2006

Paper Doll No.47


Here is my first boy doll of the year. The art teachers had a baby shower for the "new kid" whose wife just had a baby boy - Sam, who has one of those lucky small round heads. I am sure those small round heads mean luck or wealth or at least charm in some ancient culture. I made some decorations and favors with some old pics and translated one into my daily art entry.

Never Been Kissed is on tv right now. The end, where they play that Beach Boys song and Drew finally kisses Michael Vartan. That's an interesting Druthers question - Ben Affleck or Michael Vartan? Which reminds me - another, much more prolific artist and blogger had a self-procalimed rant on her blog the other day about artists who use their blogs to show their work but mix in personal stuff and tidbits about celebs and tv and stuff. It made me think I should start another blog just for art and keep this one for life. But I find the two things, art and life, inseparable.

I mean, don't you think it's much more interesting to know where the idea came fromfor the boy doll instead of there just appearring a boy doll here unexplained?

2 comments:

Wanda said...

I read that when she wrote it, but it doesn't fly for me. For me, my life and my art are all one big ball of wax. No way would I keep up with two blogs. I just write about everything all mixed together, and those are the kinds of blogs I most like to read too.

Wanda said...

Oops! I forgot to add: And YES, I think it is infinately more interesting to hear the where/why of the boy doll than just to plop the picture down and discuss technique only.