Sunday, September 09, 2007

And Now a Word from Our Sponsor






Daily Art!!! Remember Daily Art? My old friend, Daily Art? It's why I started this little blog in the first place. It was 2006 and I had this cockamamie idea to make a paper doll everyday for a whole year. It seems that I didn't learn my lesson in the 2004 Make a Book Every Day Challenge OR in the 2005 Add to My Art Journal Every Day Challenge. Well, 2007 is 2/3 over and I am still making art every day. Here are the pages I created last week, adding a layer or element to the collage every day. The words are just what is on my mind right now. My hands and my head and my heart are so full lately, with the girls, The Book, school and Other Personal Matters that I have a hard time sorting out and making priorities. It's ALL important.




I guess I'm still making progress on The Book. I'd better be, anyway, deadlines being what they are and all. I have let my to do list go for a couple of days, so making an updated to do list is job one tomorrow. I LOVE marking stuff off a list. There is control and then there is the illusion of control. At this point I will settle for the latter. Whatever. Waah-waah-waah said the semi-philosophical arty-blogger lady.


Let's talk about something fun - MY GIRLS. Whit has a rough patch in soccer. Not with her play or playing time or effort, but with some team mates and stuff. Whit hates to lose. She takes it personally. She feels it. She comes off the pitch with the tears streaming and her nose running and just miserable! Her high school team has never had a winning record in it's ten-year history. The upper classmen think it's odd, to say the least, that the baby of the team is the one taking the losses so hard. One of the other parents told me not to worry, she'd get used to losing before too long. NEVER, says the mother. She will never get used to it and her mates should be happy about that. Anyhoo, Whit scored on a rocket from 25yards out AND put a corner kick right at Jennifer's feet for an assist on another goal. Stars win, 3-1. Their first conference win in 2years. So Whit is down off the ledge for a couple of days.
And then there's Courtney. She's still in middle school, so she runs cross country for her school team and club soccer. She is on a rec team and an all-star team of sorts. She and Whit played on the same team last spring season and, for some reason, the club decided to keep those teams for this fall. We lost three girls to high school, but added on two boys, one of whom looks my JR in the eye. JR is 6'1". Courtney has taken over her sister's spot as leader, demon in the midfield and taker of corner kicks. She put on a clinic yesterday with her corners. Getting ready to strike in the photo above. She played on the same side as the most feared defender in the league - a huge
boy who sometimes plays rough to make stops. He broke some one's shin guard last season, from sheer force. Courtney was afraid to go up against him. She's already knocked out one tooth - YES, we got it fixed - but we have a strict One Chiclet Per Child rule in this household. She was scared, but she did it anyway and she chewed him up! I used to tell Courtney she was the next Whitley, but after the way she played yesterday, I told her I was wrong. She isn't the next Whitley. She's the first Courtney.
On the NFL on this opening day - I think Michael Vick should never play again. My Colts get no respect. What else does Peyt have to prove? I will never like Eli Manning. He said unkind things about My Tiki. Tik - I forgive you for leaving Fox and going to NBC. Brady - Sorry - I thought I could like you and the Browns, but it ain't happnin. Looks aren't everything. What in the world kinda mess did you leave up there in South Bend? WHY oh WHY is everybody picking the stupid Patriots and that Brady kid to go to the Superbowl? On my scorecard, Tommy boy has a few karmic matters to sort out before worrying about what he's doin after the holidays.

No comments: