Thursday, January 06, 2011

Sketchbook Challenge

The January theme for the Sketchbook Challenge is "Highly Prized". Here's my first page. Zig Pen and Prismacolor on cardstock, 8 1/2" x 11". So I decided to do loose pages and bind them flag style at the end of the month.

What do Sunflowers have to do with Highly Prized? Here's how it came about: I saw a bit of an episode of the Andy Griffith Show wherein Aunt Bea enters her prize rose in some kind of contest against that snooty lady. I like sunflowers, so that's what I drew. Somehow to me, having a theme means I need to make finished pieces and sketchbook means drawing. Art journaling means All The Other Stuff. To me. Just me. That's not like a law or a rule or anything.

It looks unfinished. I planned to write something in the ribbons on the sides, but I don't want to wreck the whole thing, so I'm holding off on that. For now.

No comments: