Sunday, March 16, 2008

Fourteen In Progress



The Series of Fourteen is in full swing and I find myself stealing every odd moment I can to work on them. I was so distracted by the thought of these books lying idle that I got up an hour earlier than I needed to this morning to get a little done on them before church. I snapped this pic when we got home. Creative Writing homework due today, so I have to get that done before I can play books this afternoon. My goal is to have seven of them done this week and then get the other seven and the round display box done over spring break, march 24 - 28. We aren't going on a trip. The girls have soccer a couple of times and Whit has track practice three times - and the Crane sisters do not miss practice. The girls and I are planning a Day of Culture, however. There is a special fashion exhibit on loan from LA at the Indianapolis Museum of Art so we're going there and having lunch at Pannera (Panera?) whichever. And I want to clean and clean. The time to really clean - scrub baseboards, clean out closets, get rid of stuff - that's a real luxury to me. I am in that mood to get rid of all that is unnecessary in my life. Less distraction from the really important things, less to clean or launder, less to dust. My eyes long to see clear, empty space with no disorganized piles scattered here and there.

No comments: