Saturday, March 29, 2008

Inspiring - Inventive -Indianpolis


We went to the IMA yesterday to see this show. It was SO good. Lots of designers I don't know and some from the usual suspects :Gaultier, Versace, Dolce Gabanna, Vivienne Westwood. This demin dress was my very favorite thing. I was plesantly surprised at the amount of repurposed fabrics turned into dresses and suits. The denim is all recycled. As for the rest of the museum, the girls wanted to start on the third floor - Contemporary Art and work our way down thru Asian and African on level two, then European and American on level one. Courtney was DONE by the time we got to European Decorative Arts. She practically ran thru that gallery. Neither one of the girls much cares for contemporary stuff. They caught me studying a 4' periwinkle square canvas and had a fit. But really, they love a musuem and a book store, so I can't complain too much. Speaking of book stores, we visited the museum gift shop and they had loads of books. I looked at the Allison Willouby skirt book and was impressed! She's like a sister, y'know - An Interweave Press sister, that is.

The last dress here has a paper skirt. We had such a great day.

Today, Whit had a date at 8:45 am - Conner took her to run the Habitat for Humanity 5K in Bloomington. Last night I dreamed she beat him by 10 minutes. They ran together in real life today. I guess he's okay as a first boyfriend. I had to get in 8 miles today. I did it and then was ruined for the rest of the day. Too tired to get any good work done in the studio. I felt like I would have wrecked stuff instead of making good progress. I'll get some things tonight that I can continue on tomorrow. Back to school on Monday, for something like 7 weeks. It will fly. The girls have track meets, I have the Big Elementary Art Show, Chicago and training for the Mini, which is only 5 weeks away.


No comments: