Monday, April 14, 2008

Back



I'm back from Chicago! My mom and I spent a whirlwind two days at the Donald E Stephens Convention Center. I taught at CPS's MIU and demo'd in Open Studios and my mom made friends with everybody there. I saw some familiar faces from last year and met lots of new, sweet people who said very nice things about my work. That always completely humbles me and I appreciate every kind word more than you know. My class was full and everybody produced a canvas book. I hope my students enjoyed it as much as I did. That hour flew by! I also taped a little seggie for Pokey's TV show. I was a nervous wreck, but I think it went okay. Here are the fabrics I bought, all fat quarters. I was a pretty good girl, considering the amount there was to choose from. I also bought some super fine glitter and a bunch of fibers. My mom bought me the Alison Willoughby book and I cannot wait to get started on some skirts. A great book and the skirt pattern is included!
Since I gave you a snap of Whit at track, here is one of Court high-jumping.












1 comment:

Misc. Muse said...

I hope you went to the fabric store in Evanston- I used to go there when we lived there it was great. My kids dreaded to see it.