Wednesday, April 30, 2008

David Cook For Third Place


Okay, Amurica, it's time to vote. David Cook MUST go out third. Third is the AI Sweet Spot. You're not Clay Bacon, I mean Aiken, AND you don't have to give all that cheddar to the Simons. Archuletta - I don't care if it's spelled right - can win. Rat's Nest Boy (Jason) can have second.
The Indy Mini Marathon is THIS Saturday. Last year I had no idea what to expect, so I was nervous. This year I know exactly what to expect, so I am nervous. Wha? Now, you gotta know, I am a slow runner, but I have taken two minutes off my mile since I started running in January '07. That's progress. A little bit, anyway. I have a certain pace in mind as a goal. When I get there, I am training for a marathon. I am thinking it will take me two years from now to get there. How's that for a longterm goal?

I had a couple of disappointments last week - nothing major, just a crack in my

heart, not a full-fledged break. I haven't really talked about them to anybody much. For a couple of reasons. I don't want anybody to tell me I deserved them and I don't really like to share this kind of thing with people. I'd rather be the Happy Art Teacher.

In case you were wondering, I got an A in creative writing. Here are a couple of my latest quilts. The green one is my favorite so far. I am in love with Kaffe Fassett - his fabric anyway.

Have you seen www.sublimestitching.com? THE best, most unlamest embroidery patterns EVUH. I'll give you the skinny when I get my patterns next week. The only downer for me is that my local craft store - the Supercenter - does not carry embroidery floss. I will have to go to Bloomington or Mitchell. Can I afford to embroider if driving is involved?

My Reading-for-Fun Brain has recovered. I read all of Paula Deen's memoir Sunday and Monday. It was good. I liked the part where she talked about writing her first book and how nutty it was working with editors and having to really measure things and write it just so. I could relate. Mixed media art is a lot like cooking.

You'll soon see just how similar they can be.

2 comments:

Julaine said...

Lettting everyone from my link list know that my 10,000th visitor is coming soon, and that lucky person will be receiving a gift - take a peek!

Cheryl Prater said...

Let's make something yummy, y'all!