Friday, October 03, 2008

The RZ Book

I had to go to the optometrist Wedesday so I had a bit of time to myself. Nevermind that my eyes were dilated for most of it. That's no excuse not to make art. I watched the Rachel Zoe Project on Bravo Tuesday night and I could not get all those outrageous things that girl says out of my head, so I gave myself a one-day challenge to make a Rachel Zoe book. One day. Not all 24 hours, of course. I started by making a white accordion book form watercolor paper - cheap watercolor paper. The content began with the numbers - she said at one point in the show that she had purchased 3 leopard coats in one day - WHO does that? She talked about her love for the 60s and 70s. She wears those giant sunglasses. Why the pink and purple color theme? In about 1973, my favorite colors were pink and purple. I remember coloring whole sheets of paper in pink and purple stripes.
This is not an important piece of art. It was only a little exercise. Harmless, but did I get anything out of it? I don't know. I think the tiny clothes in it are kinda cool.

No comments: