Saturday, January 13, 2007

I made this today...


while I was working on something else and needed a diversion. I started with an XL white sweatshirt, on sale for $4 at walmart. I dyed it a yellow-orange. I did the appliques by tacking them down with a bit of white glue and then machine stitching around them. I have used wunder under in the past, but it gives the appliques such a boardy texture. I am not sure how this will hold up in the wash, but it looks good for now and it's very soft. Next, I added the embroidery. I am sure I will figure out something else to add. I also dyed one pink. They are to wear when I go running. They are long enough to cover my fanny and the sleeves are long enough to cover my hands. I need gloves when I start out, but get too hot after a while. Now I can just push up my sleeves. I might as well look like an art teacher when I run.

No comments: