Thursday, January 04, 2007

IPod Troubles Resolved




Mommy is a genius. The ipod is back to normal. Turned out I had to reset it. I have been working in my art journal every day this week and I already kind of wish I had done a different year long project for 2007. Oh well, there's always 2008. No, of course I'm not abandoning my big journal. It's way heavier than I expected, though. I am thinking about paying homage to some of the songs that play over and over in my brain like And She Was by the Talking Heads, Every Day I Write the Book by Elvis Costello and the Attractions, Copperhead Road by Steve Earl and Me an Bobby McGee by Janis ( or is it big brother and the holding company, I know for sure they did piece of my heart, which, by the way, I was thinking I would LOVE to hear one day recently while working in the studio and listening to the radio - AND IT CAME ON). There are just words from those - and other songs - that I love and would like to use them in my book as kind of a narrative to tell the story of this year, which I know will be in some way momentous.
That's my husband J.R. and our backyard.




The world was spinning


She was floating above it


And she was


No comments: