Sunday, May 20, 2007

Honey Pie, Sugar Doll


Darlin' Dear, it's our annyversry! Warsh the truck! Let's go up to the Red Lobster and git us some shrimp. Can we stop at the walmart on the way home? I love you more 'an a speckled hound pup.


Seriously, today is our anniversary. JR and I have been married 18 years today. Marriage might be the ultimate act of optimism. You really don't know who that person will turn into on the way to "til death do us part". You can look at his family and background and take a guess, but there is no way to tell for sure. The best part of the last 18 years has been seeing JR become the man he is today - a perfect father to our two girls, confident and assertive, and

he talks all the time! He used to be so quiet. I hoped on May 20, 1989, that everything would turn out okay, but I had no idea it would be this good.

1 comment:

Cheryl Prater said...

Congratulations on your 18th! Have a hush puppy for me.