Monday, June 25, 2007

Yes, I still make art every day,


but you wouldn't know it from my blog. Here is last week's daily art. It is an homage to the art of Katie Kendrick. I have never met her, but Cheryl has been raving about her class last weekend at Random Arts. I have admired her work since the Winter 2006 issue of Cloth Paper Scissors (my favorite issue ever) when she had those dolls in there. I call them Kendricks and I have made several. I almost never make anything from a magazine, but I could not resist those dolls. Here are 2 of mine with my journal pages featuring paper dolls of the same style.


Progress Update on this Week's Projects

1. Covers in progress. I need to get them quilted with tons of French Knots for texture. Hope to get them under control tonight and in the morning then attack the pages. Lots of unexpected pop ups today. Grrr.

2. Art purse - only cogitated on how I want it to look, no action

3. Art capris - cut them off, cut them up and laundered.

4. 1967 - mentally winnowing down ideas to get focus


The girls are both exhausted from their British soccer coaches. No wonder David Beckham is so good.

2 comments:

e.beck.artist said...

love that doll page.....very groovy.......

katie said...

hi debbie,
cheryl just emailed me about your blog entry - these little paper dolls are just adoreable - they look like they're having so much fun too! thank you for your kind words...although we've never actually met, we are both in our favorite issue of Cloth Paper Scissors - #9 - and because you were cover girl, you're kind of like a big sister to me :-)!!
It sounds like you and Cheryl had a blast at Arrowmont.