Friday, July 06, 2007

About a year ago...



I got published for the first time. Right after CPS #8 came out, I made this doll to celebrate getting ink. Her name is Maggie (short for magazine). In her purse you can see a mini copy of the mag. Here's a detail of the inside, showing my Little Pink House of Cards. This is just a silly thing I made.





















We took a short trip to the Smokies for the Fourth. I don't know how much longer the girls will WANT to play mini golf with mommy and daddy. I tried my hardest to enjoy every time I heard "Come on, Mom!" Soon, they will go on without thinking where I am. And that is as it should be.
















On the way home, we stopped at a Bass Pro Shop...and I went in. And I bought...
clothes. How did THAT happen? Really, Bass Pro had tons of super cute, kinda artsy/outdoorsy/craftsy clothes. I bought this skirt and top. They are by Grammici and have a ragged edges, deconstructed thing going on. I wear skirts almost every day to school, so I guess this is my first official back-to-school purchase. I'll probably wear it Sunday to church. J.R. loves that he dragged me in there kicking and screaming and I'm the only one who bought something. Cute is cute; can't help that it came from Bass Pro.


















No comments: