Monday, July 02, 2007

Happy July!


Here's my daily art from last week. After I did that assemblage week before last, I was hooked on the colors - turquoise, red, black and white. It doesn't really have a meaning.


How 'bout that header? I don't know how she did it, but somehow, Cheryl made it for me. What a pal! It is the perfect finishing touch to my blog overhaul. I decided to change it because someone told me it looked like pepto bismol before. Cheryl has a new look on her blog and her website as well. Check her out.


I had a moment of clarity yesterday about the 1967 book. I have decided to do something I have never done before - an abecadarium, with one spread of pages for each letter. Trying to plan out the number of pages per signature to make it come out right. Of course, I prefer an odd number of sigatures. I think the spine looks better with an odd number of sewings. I haven't totally decided on how to bind it and whether I want it to be all fabric, all paper or a mix. I'm not going to limit it to one thing per letter. I'll put as many things as I need to for the book to be interesting and bursting with energy, life, love, color and information. I want the things I make to enlighten, educate, entertain and uplift. No badness allowed.


Have a great holiday. Embrace your freedom to make art. For most people in the world, art making is a luxury, not an every day thing.

No comments: