Thursday, December 06, 2007

Do I Still Have a Blog?


It's been two whole weeks since I updated and a lot has happened. I went shopping on black Friday and met a very brave man who is the manager of the west side Old Navy. The girls wanted some of those skinny jeans and since they are in the about 1% of the human race who can wear them and look cute, I went to buy them. Old Navy had three styles of them on sale - 50% off. I got a pair for each girl and a few other things and went to check out. I asked the girl at the register how long the sale lasted. She said the unthinkable - I DON'T KNOW. (Wait a minute, don't you work here and isn't this the biggest shopping day of the year?) I asked her to find out. She called the manger over and I asked him. This is the part about him being brave. He said - It depends. On what I ask. On how well they sell he says. IF they don't sell too well, the sale will be over at noon. What??
There have been a bunch of basketball games and then there was last Sunday. It's like Uncle Walt said "These are the days that must happen to you." Whit has a semi-formal dance this Saturday and Court has one on the 14th. These dances require dresses. So we head up to Bloomington after church and start at Macy's. Whit's dance is a black and white - everybody has to wear black and white. I love a theme and it narrowed down our dress choices right away. We go into Macys and find a darling black dress. Whit tried it on and to make a long story short, wound up with it. A perfect fit and age appropriate for a 15 year old. Courtney tried on a black and white dot and a blue sparkly at Macys - not quite right. Then onto Wet Seal, Charlotte Russe, Deb and maybe other places. She tried on:
A blue satin with black lace
a brown and white
a hot pink sparkly
a black and sliver sequin shift
a yellow and black print
a black with silver sequins
a red, black and white print
two sequiny tunics with leggings
and the sequin shift AGAIN
I think there were 14, but I can't remember them all. Nothing fits and the things that fit whe doesn't like. Torture is this: Standing in the dressing room at Charlotte Russe with you 14-year old daughter in a size extra small insisting that it makes her look WIDE. Scream. My mom and my sisiter and two of my nieces were shopping with us and it was my mom who finally convinced Court to go with the tiny sequin shift and leggings. She looks like a mini Heidi Klum in it. Thanks mom. Court is in that hard place between little kid and big kid, trying to figure out who exactly she is and she is so emotional. Funny thing, Whit went through the same thing about a year ago and has no recollection. She can't figure out what is wrong with her sister.
The Santa is one of 5th grade projects. OH AND BY THE WAY
THE BOOK IS DONE. At least the writing and the artwork are. Now for Interweave to work their magic on it. Monday was the deadline. I got sick. I called in Monday AND Tuesday, but I'm getting better. When mom gets sick, everyone suffers. It's nice to be needed.

1 comment:

calamitykim said...

Wow! That caught me up!! Ha! I had always wanted a daughter, but now, maybe, it seems that I missed a lot of crying and carrying on by just having a boy. Of course, I would have loved to have someone to tea party with, but I am just going to vicariously enjoy everyone else's darling girls. I congratulate you on surviving the dressing room scene. I think I would have had to go get a Cinnabon after that! hahaha! Still, girls and dresses and dances and sweet teenage years...I am glad the book is done and you and Cher can relax and enjoy the Hoildays! happy, happy! joy.
kim