Friday, December 07, 2007

I just remembered this

I was over at Anna Maria's blog reading about finding candy cane wrappers in the couch, when I remembered something that happened in 1994. Whitley turned two in August and Courntey was one in November, so by the time the holidays rolled around, I was in a bit of a fog. Maybe that's why I hung candy canes on the tree that year. Whit loved candy canes, so I moved them to only the high branches to keep her from eating them all. One morning, after JR was gone to work and I had Courtney taken care of, I missed Whitley. I searched through the house for her and found her behind the Christmas tree, red and sticky and giggling, munching on a candy cane, with her pj's still on and wild bed head. She looked like a deranged elf. I wondered how she ever got to one and then I noticed the stack of presents she had built for herself. Smart girl.

No comments: