Friday, December 28, 2007

Song du Jour


"Hard Sun" by Eddie Vedder. Go buy it. It's really easy to sing along harmonies in the chorus.
It's a big, big hard sun
Beating on the big people
In the big, hard world
I, like every other forty-something in middle America, am reading Eat, Pray, Love. We are reading it because Oprah said to.
I should probably read Into the Wild, since Hard Sun is from that soundtrack. I will put in on my list for 2008. I always say I will read one book every month, but I don't do it. Maybe 2008 will be the year. I have a head start. Does Amy Tan have anything new out? She is the one writer that really holds my attention. I don't know how she manages to write in a way that is at once simple and complicated.
While you're over at Itunes, check out Jack Johnson's new one, "If I Had Eyes". Cool and laid back, just like we expect from Jack.

1 comment:

calamitykim said...

I love jack.