Monday, December 31, 2007

Goodbye/Hello


As years go, I can't really complain about 2007. It's been good to me and my family. We are all healthy and happy and, for the most part, doing what we want to do. I ran a half-marathon, turned 40, had a kid start high school, had artwork in CPS again, wrote (half) a book and celebrated the 20th anniversary of my first date with J.R. - and a bunch of other good stuff. I have oficailly completed my fourth year of daily art assignments. I have made today's entry into the big journal I made myself for this year. I never have to touch it again. I just realized today that I have to fire up a quilt tomorrow. I hope I have some good stuff around here. I won't be back in the studio until Wednesday.
Here are my resolutions:
1. Make art every day. Work on a 6" quilt every day, finishing one every week.
2. Get in a magazine or two.
3. Write another book
4. Get a big national teaching gig
5. Finish the mini in 15 minutes less than last time
6. Drink more water, floss and moisturize
7. Read a book every month
8. Exercise at least 4 hrs a week, every week, not just training for the mini.
9. Get rid of all the stuff I don't need.
10. No new art supplies, except for classes or projects with deadlines.
This is the necklace JR gave me for xmas. It's my favorite: Thomas Mann. I asked him how he chose it. He said he picked it because it reminded him of my artwork.



No comments: