Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Whatcha doin' this summer?


Why don't you take a class at Arrowmont School of Art and Craft in Gatlinburg, TN? It's summer camp for grown ups and there are no top bunks, they do all the cooking and cleaning and you get to make cool stuff for a week. Cheryl Prater and I are taking the Printmaking Funhouse class the week of June 3 - 9. This will be my fifth trip to Arrowmont, thanks to the Robert Wilcox scholarship. I never met the man, but his gift has totally changed my life. I will turn 40 on June 9 and I can't think of a better place to end my thirties. Arrowmont has shaped me, what I make, how I think on a daily basis ever since that fateful June day in 2002. I truly love that place. I am always so excited on the drive down there and so exhausted on the drive back. I am going to try SO hard this year to have fun and relax and not take it so seriously and kill myself in the studio until midnight every night. I say that now, but we'll see.
The class I am taking looks like a perfect fit for a book artist. I expect t0 learn lots of new tricks. I think of printmaking as being messy, though, and I like clean hands.

No comments: