Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Distraction


I have been working on these jeans instead of the stuff I really need to work on, y'know, the stuff with deadlines. I can't help myself. Ever since the Quilt Show (yes, I'm still beating that drum) and seeing the jeanz made and worn by the Artgirlz, I have been on a mission to make my own pair. I cut these old jeans right up the side to make it easier to machine stitch all the stuff. These have a flower theme - duh - and a big Frida K on the other leg. Pretty much pink and orange. Most of the fabs came from Chicago. Here's what happens - I go to work on a Real Project and I see the jeanz and my sewing machine and I MUST sew a bit. I limit myself to one bobbin full at a sitting and then get to work. I am doing "scribble sewing" around everything and may add some hand sewing later.

I haven't trimmed any threads yet, by the way.

1 comment:

Cheryl Prater said...

Wow, what a treat, a Wednesday post!