Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Happy Birthday, Whitley!




Whitley is 15 today! She wanted a pink camera for her birthday, so that's what she got. Here she is as a new born and as the too-grown girl who now lives in our house. She was born with a full head of hair that stood out like wild all over the place. She was a screamy baby, always seeming impatient to grow up and get to the next thing. She cried for eleven straight weeks and didn't sleep through the night for years. As a kid, though, she has been no trouble at all - straight A's, kind to small children, the elderly and animals, loved by all her teachers and coaches - so I guess it has evened out. I have always tried to be realistic about my girls. I know they are not perfect, but they are pretty dang close.

2 comments:

Cheryl Prater said...

Happy Birthday, Whit. Look at the size of those feet on you as a baby! Born to be a runner and bend it like Beckham.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Debbi, I have one JUST LIKE THAT--same baby personality and similar teen personality, and she will be 15 tomorrow (8/6). She wanted a red phone, and she is getting one. Was there something going on in the stars that week in 1992?
Cate Prato